The City Government officially launched the Tri-District (3-D) Development Program Today. The event which was preceded by a motorcade was held at the
Mayor Reynaldo Uy officially launched the program. In his message before the crowd which also included the various Department Managers and city stakeholders, he enumerated some points from his Executive Order which re-launched the 3-D Program. He informed all present that the 3-D slogan is DETERMINASYON: DALAN sa DAYUN nga kauswagan. The 3-D battle-cry is LET’S HELP-
The Executive Directors of the various 3-D program components were on hand to give their respective presentations. They were Mr. Ruben Adona, Mr. Francisco Baldo, Mr. Justino Arnejo, Engr. Rafaelito Serrano, Dr. Teodoro Fortaleza and Ms. Rosario Gonzaga
The 3-D Program in a way divides Calbayog into four districts through its four components namely Oquendo Key Program for Revitalization, Sustainability and Services (OK-PROGRESS) for Oquendo District, Tinambacan Upliftment of Socio-Economic Conditions (TUSEC) for Tinambacan District and Seven Hills Happy Valley Alleviation and Road Program (SHARP) and Calbayog Urbanization Program and Services (CUPS) for Calbayog District.
More fine-tuning and updating are set for the program. Its implementation will include Database Establishment and Data Gathering, Identification of Problems and Solutions to include Feasibility Studies, Strong Support, Determined Executive Action, AND People’s Participation.
The 3-D program components and its respective programs are as follows:
- Health (Hospital, Medicines, Nutrition, Mother and Child Health Care)
- Education (School Bus, Scholarship, High School, Teachers, Classrooms, non-formal adult education and responsible parenting classes)
- Infrastructure (Power / Communication, Roads, Water, Irrigation, Warehouse, Solar Dryer, School Buildings, Mini Hospitals with Health Centers, Training / Demo Centers, Sports Facilities, Drainage, Intermodal Transport system)
- Agriculture (Grains, Coconut, Abaca, Rootcrops, Cash Crops, Vegetable, Aquaculture, Horticulture)
- Livestock (Pig Production / Fattening / Dispersal, Cow Production / Fattening / Dispersal, Carabao Production / Fattening / Dispersal, Goats Production / Fattening / Dispersal)
- Industries / SMEs (Food processing, Handicraft, Furniture, Ceramics)
- Power (Hydro-electric project)
- Environment (Anti-illegal logging, Anti-illegal quarrying, Reforestation)
- Peace and Order (Programs/ Drives against: Illegal gambling, Prostitution / Recruitment, Illegal Drugs, Illegal Fishing, Illegal Logging, Illegal Quarrying, Juvenile Delinquency)
- Disaster Preparedness
- Arts and Culture
- Intangibles (Moral Recovery,
- Integral Components namely Gender and Development and Population and Development.
(my apologies for the few pictures posted. I took videos of the event and I'm having a hard time uploading these in my blogposts)