Friday, November 7, 2008

A rant (and I apologize for it)

My apologies to my regular blog visitor, but let me give you some rant with this blog update. This is a result of a comment from a blog post in my other blog on Calbayog events (http://www.calbayogevents.blogspot.com/)

Do you remember my previous post entitled "googling Calbayog"? I got a comment from an anonymous blog visitor. Let me rephrase that, somebody named "anonymous". I would have wanted to just publish the said comment in comments section of that blog post, but I understand not so many visitors are into it, so I decided to feature it as a blog update. Here's the comment:

"What was the something NOT RIGHT in the feature about the article? Obviously, you have not read it between the lines properly because you are missing the points. Do you want something more flamboyant or embellishing remarks about the city? That featured article is about the summarization of the city itself.And by the way, the word "google" has been around for quite sometimes. It just now being ubiquitous due to the advent of internet." Anonymous 11/6/08

So, what do I say?When I posted that blog update, (which was labeled "wala lang") it was all in the name of fun and/or amusement about how PAL could miss the fact the Calbayog City is not the capital of Catbalogan. That simple. For sure, if I may take Mr/Ms Anonymous comment, PAL does not have an issue about Calbayog being the worst city there is and thus dowgrade Calbayog to being the capital of Catbalogan. I was not expecting any (if I may borrow Mr. / Ms. Anonymous terms) flamboyant or embellishing remarks about Calbayog. I have heard more than enough of my share about Calbayog being criticized for being just that - MARAUT NGA CIUDAD. YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME!

Now, about googling which I wrote as "googling". I may not be familiar with the workings of a real webmaster - which explains why I settled for blogspot, kay masayun - but I am FULLY AWARE that the term google has been around for sometime, more than just a search engine, microsoft has been after it, and that google was founded by two men (now-billionaires) who are below 40 years old. I TAKE OFFENSE IN YOUR STATEMENT about me not knowing about google. Why do I have to say "what a term"? I just am not totally at ease with the term in the same way that I am at ease in saying that my name can be googled. Try typing my full name and my blog will appear and I'm proud of it. By the way, when I came up with this blog, it was for the simple reason of being able to reach out to a good number of Calbayognons. And mind you, I am not earning anything from it. Not even when I had some google ADs all over the blog.

I don't know what is your issue with Calbayog, her officials and her people. And yes, do we include her church officials and the investors? Okey, granting for the sake of argument nga puro magraut an mga opisyales san ciudad; nga maraut an ciudad san Calbayog. An kuri sa iyo san sobra niyo kagdati, an iyo la nakikit-an an maraut sa ciudad sa Calbayog ug an maraut nga ciudad san Calbayog. No need to enumerate the citations that credible institutions gave Calbayog. For people like you, bisan pa an Nobel Committee an maghatag citation, maraut la guihapun an Calbayog. Kamo man ada an mga dati, pero puro la kam yakan, wara kam guin bubuhat or at least guin yayakan nga iyo mga ideya agud sundun san taga-Calbayog pagpakaupay san ciudad! (oops, I dunnow if you speak waray, but I believe the preceding paragraph is best said in binisaya)

By the way, Mr/Ms Anonymous thanks for visiting my blog. And yes, this blog update is categorized under the "wala lang" label. This time the "wala lang" label does not equate with "in the name of fun".

No comments: