Wednesday, August 22, 2007

when the lights went off

The lights went off early this evening. I was driving around when it happened. So what is one to do during a power failure in Calbayog? I thought it was an opportunity to see how Calbayog is on a powerless night (What's that again? It sounded like it's very seldom that the city gets hit by power failure :-) . Seriously, if I may inform you, the City Mayor has been making kulit the guys at Transco regarding their project in Carayman. And yes, why do we refer to power failure as brownout?) Anyway, with my old mobile phone in hand, I decided to take pictures of establishments that remained lit during the power failure. Here's what I got:

That's Caltex gas station in Obrero

Jollibee

Mercury Drug at Gomez Street

Rose Pharmacy

The best view of them all, OLPHI along Magsaysay Boulevard

No comments: