Sunday, August 12, 2007

images from my old hometown

Hi there! Sorry for not giving you any updates about Calbayog. I've been kinda busy the past few days. Earlier today, I was at the Consolatrix Monastery and along the way, I came across a "scene" or should I say sight which should be familiar with every Calbayognon. If you think it's about houses, old people or traditions, think again. It's about a familiar activity come rice harvest season.

These images were shot in front of a hospital. Of course I'm pretty sure that it was not the hospital management that did it. Anyway, it was the kariton parked next to a "no-parking sign" which first caught my attention, and lo and behold then did i realize that they still do it, I mean dry palay on the street, or on the side of the national higway as the case maybe.

So, what am I up to this time? La lang. Don't take it seriously, just wanna share with you the lighter side of Calbayog. Some may frown on this, but I believe images of palay laid out on a banig and put to dry on the streets are among the fond memories many Calbayognons have of their old hometown.


No comments: