One of the highlights of the 62nd Calbayog Charter Day Celebration was the giving of special awards and citations some to some personalities who have contributed their time and talents to the City of Calbayog.
The personalities cited that night were:
- Reynaldo Macaloyos Prudenciado, Jr. for being a 6th placer in the recent Certified Public Accountants (CPA) licensure board examination.
- Nemesio "Totoy" Baldesco, a tricycle driver from Barangay Matobato. For winning the Jimmy Y. Balacuit Special Award on Poetry in the 17th National Writers' Workshop held at the Mindanao State Univeristy in Iligan City on May 23-28, 2010.
- Ramon Carlo Baring for being a 10th placer in the recent Nursing licensure board examinations (held last July 3 - 4, 2010)
- "An Palayaman san Ciudad san Calbayog Program" for its success in providing food security to its beneficiaries and giving positive impact to Calbayog.
- The Officials and Personnel of PNP assigned in Police Community Precinct-IV of Calbayog for dedicated service in law enforcement. These are P/Insp Reynaldo P. Lim, SPO2 Joselito D. Serrano, SPO1 Tito Pallones, PO3 Andres B. Francsico, PO2 Erwin U. Beso and P/Insp Sotero C. Abrito, Jr.
- Rev. Fr. Marlowe Rosales, ofm. Bestowed the title as "Adopted Son of Calbayog" for his dedication and zestful service in developing the Calbayog youth comprising the CKC-Jose Gomez Symphony Orchestra.
- Lt Robert Salvan of the 20th IB PA and Lt Rodrigo Latonio of the 34th IB,PA for exemplary performance in the pursuit of peace in the Happy Valley area of Calbayog.
- Mr. Crisanto Pacho, Principal of the Migara Elementary School. For his courageous act in protecting his students during a raid of bandits in Migara last July 16, 2010.
- P/Insp Rolando Diaz and the personnel of PNP Community Precinct in Migara. for standing in the forefront in preserving peace and order in the Migara and Happy Valley areas despite limited resources and a smaller strength.
- SPO3 Joseph Sagadal for dedication to service. He lost three fingers during an assualt by bandits in Barangay Migara on July 18, 2010.
- P/Supt Nestor Valenzuela, Calbayog PNP Chief. For curbin illegal activities involving drugs, gambling and fishing. And for his diligent efforts to be of service to the people which contributed to the maintenance of peace and order in his areas of responsibility.
The citations were presented by Congressman Mel Senen Sarmiento, Mayor Reynaldo Uy and Vice Mayor Ronald Aquino. Also on hand to congratulate the awardees were the members of the Sanguniang Panlungsod.
Here are some pictures of the awardees as they received their plaques from the City Officials
Nemesio "Totoy" Baldesco
Ramon Carlo Baring
Mr. Marto Calamayo representing the "An Palayaman san Ciudad san Calbayog Program"
Rev. Fr. Marlowe Rosales, ofm
Lt Robert Salvan
Mr. Crisanto Pacho
P/Insp Rolando Diaz
SPO3 Joseph Sagadal
P/Supt Nestor Valenzuela
Photos courtesy of Henry Puyat