Friday, December 11, 2009

messages for the NwSSU inauguration

The Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU) will be formally inaugurated tomorrow. Here are the messages (greetings) of Mayor Mel Sarmiento and Congressman Reynaldo Uy in line with tomorrow's affair.

The message of Congressman Reynaldo Uy:

"I deem it a special privilege to greet everyone during the inauguration of the Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU).

As I congratulate the NwSSU community, my fellow Calbayognons and the people of the First District of Samar, I say thank you to Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal - Arroyo, Senator Mar Roxas, Mayor Mel Sarmiento, CHED Chairperson Emmanuel Angeles and especially to my fellow Calbayognons and the people of Samar for their active support as we took the challenges of converting then TTMIST into a university.

The hard task is not over. Being now a university, more challenges and bigger tasks lie ahead for NwSSU. All these in the name extending better service to our constituents, of extending QUALITY EDUCATION for everyone. With our cooperation and the dedication, capacity and integrity of our friends from the NwSSU, there is no doubt that we will succeed.

As I bid you all welcome to the Inauguration, I extend my congratulations to Dr. Socorro Bohol on her installation as the 1st NwSSU President.

Once again, Congratulations to NwSSU, to my fellow Calbayognons and to our constituents in the First District of Samar!"


REYNALDO S. UY, M.D.
Representative, Samar First District

=============================


The message of Mayor Mel Sarmiento:

"I am pleased to greet my fellow Calbayognons and our esteemed guests as we gather for the inauguration of the Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU).

I join the NwSSU community in expressing our gratitude to all those who have helped make this day possible: President Gloria Macapagal - Arroyo, Senator Mar Roxas, Congressman Reynaldo Uy, Secretary Emmanuel Angeles, and most importantly to all Calbayognons and the people of Samar for their support in making this dream a reality.

There is another dream that needs to be fulfilled - extending QUALITY EDUCATION for everyone. Today’s inauguration is a step towards the path which leads us to doing just that – extending quality education – to the students of Calbayog and of Samar; and I call on the NwSSU to do their share in achieving that.

It is along that line that I also greet Dr. Socorro Bohol on her installation as the 1st NwSSU President.

As I have always told the various stakeholders of the City of Calbayog, the task to put in place a progressive Calbayog is a never-ending one.
Padayun kita pagka-urosa ug pagkiwa para san mas progresibo pa nga Ciudad san Calbayog!"


MEL SENEN S. SARMIENTO
Calbayog City Mayor
Chairperson, RDC-8
Secretary-General, League of Cities of the Philippines

No comments: