Monday, November 26, 2007

the road not less traveled

With all due respect (and apologies) to that literary classic, "The Road Less Traveled" was the first line that came to mind when I discovered that I had in my phone two videos which I took while on board a van during one of my trips to Tacloban sometime in September.

I decided to share these videos to give you an idea on what it is to travel from Calbayog (or is it from Gandara?) to Tacloban. Let me inform you however that during my latest trip (November 8 to be exact), thanks to PGMA, work is going on (or has been going on for quite sometime). Many portions of the highway have been cemented (or concreted, I dunnow which is the proper term). But then news had it that President Arroyo (during her latest visit to Region 8) got irked upon learning about the delay in the road project. Anyway, work is being done, thanks God.

Back to the videos. The first video was taken as the van approached Hinabangan or somewhere near it. I think it captured the bumpy ride that should be familiar to most travelers who trod this road that is not exactly less traveled. The second video is supposed to show the smooth ride from Calbiga to Tacloban.


a bumpy ride


some kinda smooth ride

No comments: