Sunday, May 20, 2007

and the counting goes on


A NAMFREL volunteer posting new figures on the tally board




The crowd that gathered at around 4pm on May 16 in front of the CKC campus where the NAMFREL tally board was installed.

It's almost a week since the polls closed, and they are still counting the votes at the Conference Hall of the Old Barracks Building (which some call Handumanan). How I wish I have pictures of the proceedings in the conference room. But, what with all the police and military present in the area, no will do. So please bear with the pictures I came up with. I got them using my mobile phone.

And yes, some Calbayognons are still holding vigil in front of the Old Barracks Building, a bomb exploding in the Legislative Hall parking area, notwithstanding.

Anyway, for the latest partial unofficial figures (courtesy of NAMFREL) please log on to www.calbayog.gov.ph. Click on ELEKSYON/PINILI-AY 2007.